What is Responsive Web Design?
Responsive Website design is an approach which makes the web pages suitable to work on every device and every screen size, no matter how large or small, mobile , tablet, laptop or desktop. It provides you with the capability to write once, publish everywhere. It offers an optimized browsing experience and makes sure your website looks its best on mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and desktop screens.
In the early days of web design, web pages were built to target a particular screen size. With the use of mobile devices and as the web is increasingly being enjoyed on phones, tablets, wearables TV's etc it’s no longer enough to have a static website design that only looks good only on a computer screen. Responsive design was the solution introduced for this problem. A web page or web application designed using responsive mode automatically adjusts your website pages for different screen sizes and viewports. With the help of Responsive design your website or application looks good and fit on all devices!. This is because responsive designs automatically adjust for different screen sizes and viewports.
Why responsive design is important for your website?
Responsive design is very important for your site as website visitors use different types of devices with different screen sizes. As you never know what device someone will be using to view your website , it is very important to have a responsive design for your website. Moreover there are many other advantages and benefits having a responsive website as discussed below.
Eworld understands the importance of designing the website using responsive web design concepts because it offers an optimized browsing experience. Basically, your website will look great and work well on a desktop (or laptop), a tablet, and a mobile phone's browser.
In our creation of websites using responsive design concept we build pages with HTML and CSS that automatically resize, hide, shrink, or enlarge a web page to make it look good on all devices (desktops, laptops, tablets, phones, wearables TV's etc).
Our experts know how to create sites which respond to the needs and capabilities of the device they are viewed on. We build a fluid and flexible layout which adjusts according to screen size.
eWorld make sure the design is fit to all screens, flexible layouts, responsive images, and media queries . We do test the design with Chrome Developer Tools that simulates a range of mobile screen-sizes and orientations to make sure how the contents, images adapt to different devices, screens and viewports.
eWorld also develops responsive email templates and responsive newsletter templates with special coding that allows it to display perfectly across different devices at the receiver end.
What are the advantages or benefits of having a Responsive Web Design ?
1. Responsive websites attract More visitors As mobile internet users increase yearly, responsive sites benefit from mobile audiences thus increasing the website traffic. The number of mobile viewers is greater than that of desktop viewers. This gap is increasing very fast as smartphone users increase globally exponentially. This provide you best opportunity to reach large number of customers
2. Responsive websites load Faster than traditional websites Responsive websites are designed for faster loading by optimizing images. So they load fast on mobile devices and customers. As traditional websites need to load all layouts that are designed for different view ports, responsive design websites only need to load the one that works across all platforms.
3. Search Engines likes responsive design Search engines, especially Google, give preference to websites that are responsive and better visible on mobile. Mobile-friendly websites give you a big boost in search engine results. A responsive website shows up in search results above the one that is not responsive.
4. Low development cost The development cost of responsive websites are less while comparing traditional websites. It's because traditional websites need to design and develop different layouts for different screen sizes. This increases the development cost. While responsive design need only one layout for all types of screens which lowers development cost
5. Better user experience The number one benefit of a responsive website is that it guarantees better user experience. Any user on any device will have the best experience possible on your website. Responsive sites are designed making sure that people using a mobile device are only seeing the most essential information.
6. Responsive websites need less maintenance time. As responsive websites design support all possible screens only one layout is necessary to accommodate all devices. Thus there is no need to maintain many layouts. So the maintenance time and cost required is less while comparing with traditional websites
7. Easily shareable using social media As the responsive websites are best viewable on mobile devices and most responsive designs include social media sharing buttons, website pages and links are easily shareable through social media like Facebook, Youtube, Twitter , Whatsapp etc.
There are many other benefits of responsive design
Eworld can help you to design a new responsive website or convert your existing website to a responsive website. Please contact us for more information.